Fork me on GitHub

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Introducing AEJS, an Amiga emulator written in JavaScript.  Wait, wording it like that makes it sound like it's finished.  It isn't.  It won't be for a long time.  AEJS is just a hobby, and will never hold a candle to UAE.

Why the Amiga?  Given that this is my first emulator, it would have been much easier to go with a 6502 or 8080 instead, but I didn't grow up with those; I grew up with a 68k powering an Amiga 500.


Why JavaScript?  Fabrice Bellard didn't make any excuses for writing an x86 emulator in JavaScript, so I won't either.

I'll be using this blog to share updates on the project.  Progress, problems, etc.  Anyone with interest or knowledge of 68k arch or Amiga chipsets is welcome to get involved.

Next up: completing the code to generate an opcode lookup table.

2 comments: